After a few months break, I decided to have a break from the hand drill, and started to pick it up again earlier this year. As last year, I find it requires regular practice and it's taken a few weeks to build up the strength again. Yesterday, I decided to focus more on my hands and changed their position slightly rather than being parallel I angled the leading (right) hand slightly downwards and the other hand slightly upwards, I found I could apply more downward pressure without tiring my hands as quickly, and managed to tempt 4 embers from the hearth throughout the day. However, today I've not yet managed to tempt an ember, which reminds me not to get cocky or think I've cracked it! So the practice continues, but the change in hand position did seem to make a notable difference. I also used Teasel on Clematis which worked well together.